Sunday, March 22, 2020

QUIZ IS BACK, well, VIRTUALLY BACK!

First of all, I hope you're all healthy and safe.  I know it's scary times we're living in, so I'm hoping to bring you a little bit of our normal lives! 

I'm very happy to tell you that we've worked out a way to hold quiz during the shelter in place order.  Erin, Ryan, and I will be hosting a Zoom meeting which can support 100 connections.  We're planning to have 7 rounds per our usual format including match and picture rounds!

How you communicate your answers is what will change.  Each team should pick a team captain, the person who will communicate the team's answers to Ryan or Erin via chat.  Unfortunately, we are not able to create separate chat rooms for each team and messages in Zoom can only be sent to the entire meeting or an individual.  I'm asking each team to create their own method of communicating among themselves during rounds.  I would suggest group texts or another chat platform.

What I need from anyone wanting to participate is an email to qmdchicago@gmail.com.  In that email, I will need your team name (and no, you can't all be TP For Our Bungholes) and email address for everyone on your team.  If there are members of your team within the same household, they should share a screen instead of using multiple spots in the meeting. 

Here are the rounds:

1) Think Heated Hills 12 pts
2) Belize Equine Hat 11 pts
3) Match- Mark’s Conscience 13 pts
4) Chemical States Round 16 pts
5) Dead Or Canadian 11 pts
6) Picture Round 15 pts
7) General Knowledge 22 pts

Remember- the meeting can only hold so many spots.  Be sure to get back to me as soon as possible so I can get this set up.  If all goes well, we'll be doing this every Tuesday for the foreseeable future, until we're able to get together again.  Hope to see you for Tuesday's virtual quiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment